As per the email sent out in January, please see below for the Notice of meeting and the Agenda ahead of the AGM on Sunday, 27th February, the meeting that will start at 13:00.
Click below for a link to the Commodores Annual report.
Happily this year we can meet in person, we look forward to seeing you there.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
I hereby give notice that the Annual General Meeting of Dee Sailing Club will be held on Sunday 27th February 2022 at 1300 hours for the transaction of the undermentioned business.
Roy Sheriff Honorary. Secretary January 2022
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the February 2021 AGM
- Matters arising
- Financial report and adoption of accounts
- Adoption of Commodore’s report
- Rule Changes and amendments
The following addition to rule 5 is proposed to limit the liability to the club and its members. Proposed by Will Thompson (Trustee) seconded by Simon Moruzzi and Jame Douglas be added to make 5c:
5C Contracts and Commitments: Any unusual, long term or potentially expensive contract or commitment must include wording to the effect that ‘the overall liability to the contracting member or trustee arising from any contractual or other commitment undertaken by them on behalf of the Club, shall be limited to the assets of the Club in their control’
- Elections: After 2 very difficult years due to Covid our Commodore Lee Mathews will be stepping down and our current Vice Commodore Andrew Potter is proposed as Commodore. The only other vacancy that occurred during the year was for a member of General Committee, which was filled by Co-opted Graham Hannah due to the resignation of Dave Gibb. Dave a long standing member of the club, who served on General committee and Land and premises resigned from the club as he is moving back to Manchester. The Committee wishes him all the best for the future. Graham a serving member of Land and Premises plus active in all fleets and member for many years was co-opted in November 2021.
- Any other business