While we have been restricted in our ability to run racing or extend our cruising to overnight stops, it has been great to see so many people out on the water, just enjoying being able to sail.
You will know that the Government have announced that bars can reopen, as such we have been working with Angie on a plan to allow us to safely open the club bar and the plan is as follows:
- The bar will open at 12:00 on Saturday 4th July
- Please use your fob at the access gate, so if needed for track & trace, we can see who has been down
- Members will be able to enter the bar one at a time, from the lawn, following a one-way system which will be clearly sign posted
- Please note, we will not be taking cash payments so please bring your cards
- Then take your drinks to the lawn where tables and chairs will be set out in safely distanced groups of 6, feel free to bring your own chairs
- The option of sitting up on the hill is also open to members
- Clearly this set up is dependent on good weather, so please all keep your fingers crossed!
- Access to the toilets will remain from the north entrance, continuing the one in one out system
We have tried to make the system as simple and easy to follow as possible, whilst ensuring we do our best to keep bar staff & members safe. But of course, it will depend on everyone continuing to behave responsibly and following the guidelines. Obviously, please stay away from the club if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
Bar Opening Times & Tides – July
I hope the above is clear & makes sense, please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Many thanks for your on-going support, I hope you see you up at the club soon.
Commodore Dee S.C.